Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Convenience tax?

When you goto the mall, where do you like to try and park your car? If you are like 60% (more probably) of people I am sure you drive needlessly through the first two rows of parking closest to the mall... so you don't have to walk so far. You know what you are just being lazy. It's raining out? Ok... you have children? Sure... An excuse is an excuse. I know. I used to be the king of them. I think you should park as far away from the mall as possible. No excuses. (except the obvious, physical handicaps etc...) This short little walk is probably the most exercise a lot of people get in a day. Sad I know.

A friend of mine had a status update on Facebook one day something to the tune of:
"Why would someone take the elevator to go to the 2nd floor?"
I replied promptly:
"Well,
A) They are fat.
B) They are lazy.
C) Both A and B.
or D) They have some physical impairment and I am a jerk."

What's that you say? The elevator is there for convenience. Ok. Does convenience allow us to be lazy without consequence? No it doesn't. I say along with a fat tax I propose a convenience tax. Want to take an elevator but have two perfectly good legs and a heart? 25 cents please. Want to park your car close to the mall... 50 cents please. I know this wouldn't stop everyone from doing it but at least the people more concerned about a few quarters would seriously consider parking somewhere else.

So ya... put in a little effort and take the stairs next time. It's one small step towards a healthier you.

Kris.

Oh by the way, what the average person doesn't know is that you can walk... yes walk, for thirty minutes a day AND if you are eating relatively "clean", that is enough to keep weight off (In most cases. Everyone is different).

No comments:

Post a Comment