Saturday, May 23, 2009

You have to want it.

You have to want it for yourself if you are going to reach your goals. You cannot rely on anyone else to do it for you. It's great to have someone there that will motivate you but you cannot rely on others to "get you to the gym" or "get you out for a run". You have to push yourself. If you need someone there holding your hand along the way I am sorry I just don't think it is going to work.

Also do it for the right reasons. My experience, I started being active to "look good". Ha. What a failure that was. It's not that I failed necessarily, but more so that I didn't succeed. It wasn't until years later that I took a step back and realized it wasn't working and saw that I was an absolute mess; I realized I had to get into shape or else I would suffer health problems later on in life. That change spurred all of my success. Great success at that.

And you know what? The "looking good" part came along while I wasn't even thinking about it! ;)

Kris.

No comments:

Post a Comment